GKSSA 2024 Outdoor Season
As indicated at the Annual General Meeting in November, initial deposits, rosters, and final fees will all be due sooner than in past years. It was also indicated that season schedules were being planned to start earlier on turf.<
An initial registration deposit of $2000 will be due March 3. E-transfers can be sent the GKSSA treasurer. Please contact him if you need to make alternate arrangements. If you think you have a refund still available he can help confirm that.
A team registration info page will also be due March 3.
The alignment and field bookings for outdoor 2024 will be based on the registration deposits. Late deposits are at risk of being put on a waiting list.
Final fees and rosters will be due April 5 so that players can be registered for an anticipated mid-April start date on turf. We have some Queen’s turf booked starting April 15 and that’s when some teams/divisions might begin, depending on alignment/weather.
This year we will forego the traditional Cup format, and look at a possible fall league or late season Cup event.
Several rule changes have been made and will be posted shortly.
GKSSA AGM Results
The 2023 GKSSA AGM was held Wednesday, November 29 at the Invista Centre at 7p in Room A/B.
Craig Neely was elected to the position of Vice-President, Derek Conlon to Treasurer, and Billy Camperlino to Director.
Thanks to Phil Benevides for his time on the board over the past few years.
The 2023 GKSSA AGM will be held Wednesday, November 29 at the Invista Centre at 7p in Room A/B.
Positions up for election for two-year terms are Vice-President (currently Billy C.), Treasurer (Derek C.), and one Member-at-Large (Phil B.).
If you are interested in joining the board, please contact the GKSSA Secretary for further information.
If any members wish to submit any amendments to the by-laws, they must be submitted to the GKSSA Secretary by the end of the day of Monday, October 30.
As with past years, all quarter final and semi final playoff matches, if tied at the end of regulation, will proceed directly to kicks f rom the penalty mark.
Weekend finals will have two ten-minute halves of extra time before proceeding to kicks from the penalty mark. Weekday finals will be the same as other rounds due to lighting issues.
B Playoffs Delayed due to Weather
Due to saturated field conditions, current pouring rain in Loyalist, and washed out lines, tonight's games at BHS have been postponed.
The GKSSA board has decided the following:
- The two BHS games from tonight will be played on Friday, August 11.
- ALL first round playoff games will be pushed back to regular game night, Tuesday, August 15.
- Semi-finals will be pushed back to Tuesday, August 22.
- Finals delayed to Tuesday, August 29 (at 830p at CaraCo)
- Any future Tuesday games postponed will have to be played Friday that same week.
The Nathalie Cave and Carmine Lanzo Sr Cups begin tonight. These games require a winner, so if the match is tied at the end of regulation, all games up to and including the semi-finals will go directly to kicks from the penalty mark.
Call-ups are not permitted for cup matches, but trial players are. If you plan to use a trial player, please contact Alex in advance of your match.
First week schedule
There will be a small handful of A and B division games in the first week of play, beginning May 9. The rest of the teams will begin the week of May 15.
The schedule for the first month should be available soon, but in the meantime, here is the beginning schedule for the first week:
- Tue May 9, 8:30p – Nixon Field – B1: Scarpazza Homes v Advantage Pools and Home
- Wed May 10, 6:30p – Nixon Field – A1: Portuguese Benfica v Valhalla
- Wed May 10, 8:30p – Nixon Field – B2: Cataraqui SC v Legacy FC
- Fri May 12, 6:30p – Nixon Field – B3: Glenhaven United v Kingston United SC
A quick reminder to check out the GKSSA Discipline report to see what suspensions are pending coming into this season. Once rosters are confirmed with the league, suspensions will be marked on team matches.
The GKSSA General Meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at the Invista Centre - Hall C at 7p. An agenda will be released no laterthan 1 week prior to this meeting.
In addition, the outdoor season registration will immediately follow the General Meeting. To guarantee a spot in the 2023 outdoor season:
- State your intention to register for the 2023 outdoor season (email the GKSSA Secretary)
- E-Transfer $1,000 deposit to the GKSSA treasurer OR bring a cheque in the amount of $1,000 payable to'G.K.S.S.A.' to the meeting. (note: If e-transfer, please indicate team name in message box)
- Any deposits received after April 26, 2023 will not guarantee a spot in the outdoor season.
Please note, as previously indicated, promotion and relegation will apply to the 2023 outdoor season based on the 2022 regular season standings.
Once your spot is secured, more information will follow. This will include Team Roster Forms and remaining 2023 fees.