Today, the 2021 outdoor season kicks off. Please take the time to verify your roster on the website, your contact information, your sponsoor information, etc. If there are any changes required, please contact Alex ASAP.
Good luck to everyone this season, and remember to report your results post-game.
2021 Schedule taking shape
As of this morning, the schedules are now available on the website. These may be subject to minor changes, so keep your eyes open.
Please check your team's contact information/etc and reach out to Alex if there are updates or changes necessary.
2021 Season Registration
Based on the survey put out to teams, we have gathered the information and we are moving forward with plans to run a 2021 outdoor season.
Here are the goals/plans and some reasons why:
- Start date will be July 26 (we are then in phase 3 and avoid most covid protocols - and it also gives team reps time to fill out roster and collect fees)
- A lot will depend on registrations, but the goal is to keep teams on preferred game nights
- The plan is to have 5-6 regular season games, 11v11, playoffs, and potentially a Cup game (we want all trophies to be handed out again)
- Promotion and relegation will not be enforced, and divisions will be aligned to best suit those registered
- Total fees will depend on teams registered, and schedules, but the estimate total cost is about $2000/team
- $300 refundable deposit is due to Derek Conlon by Wednesday July 14 via e-transfer (if you need alternate payment methods, please email him and inquire – please note what team you are registering for in the e-transfer payment)
- Final fees will be due by July 25 with the amount to be determined ASAP
- Any refunds will be given at the next AGM
- Rosters are due by Wednesday, July 21, in order to register everyone in time
- If you don’t have access to your team google doc, please contact Alex Fletcher
- Please remember this season will be very different than past seasons
- Currently only about 1/3 of usual referees are ready to work, so be prepared for single referee games
- We will play some games at BHS and likely September games on turf or lit fields
- All suspensions from 2019 will continue to this season, so please be aware if any affect your team
- Friday night will be reserved for rain dates and potentially Holiday Monday switches