Tournaments and Fields
A few things to note as the season has begun:
- Be advised that, if your team is playing in a tournament, SOSA requires all players to have player books stamped by SOSA. Please try to hav e this completed at least two weeks prior to the tournament. If the tournament is outside of SOSA (past Quinte West or Brockville), then a travel permit will be required by your team.
- At GKSSA games, feel free to bring your families, but note that the player bench area is for players and team officials only. Family members (including children) must stay behind or well to the sides of the bench areas. At the referee's discretion, non-players and non-team officia ls may be required to move to the designated spectator areas.
- Dogs are not allowed on the playing field, especially turf fields. One of the conditions of lease agreements for turf fields is that no animals are present. Violations of these agreements could have further consequences, so please leave your dogs home when playing on these fields.
- All of our playing fields and immediate surroundings are smoke-free zones.
Summary of Law changes
As many know, there are new Laws in place for this year's season, and a number of these change the way that the game is played. IFAB, the maintainers of the Laws of the Game, put together a brief document explaining changes that affect players and coaches.
Note that not all of these changes apply to the recreational level games we have in the GKSSA.
CFB Kingston field
Please note that the CFB Kingston field this year is the Hospital Field as McNaughton is currently unavailable for use.
Enter the base at the same location (Hwy 2, north side, opposide McDonald’s). Follow the road around to the right, past the parking lot and turn left at the first intersection. Follow that road straight, around some buildings, and you will see the Hospital Field off to the right beside a softball diamond.
GKSSA Board Changes
Effective today, Alex Fletcher has stepped down from the role of Discipline Chair and become a Director-At-Large on the GKSSA Board. Adam Hu nt is taking over the position, vacating his Director-At-Large position to step into the role of Discipline Chair. Thanks to Alex for his work in this role, and best of luck to Adam moving forward.
2016-17 team name changes
As happens each season, there are some new teams and some teams that change names. This is intended to be a short listing of each.
- Soccer Plus FC is now known as Limestone City FC.
- FC Legacy is a new team in the B division.
- Advantage Pools and Home merged with The Keg OT to become The Keg FC.
- Pita Piit is now known as Pita Pit Empire Court.
- Valhalla II is a new team in the C division.
- Boston Pizza WTC is now known as WTC Red House.
- Don Cherry's is now known as Glasgow SC.
- KTown FC is a new team in the D division.
- Atletico FC is now known as Kingston Young Boys.
- Chez Piggy FC is now known as Red House FC.
2016-17 indoor season archived
As we prepare for the upcoming outdoor season, the 2016-17 indoor season has now been archived.
The outdoor teams have been populated, but not all information may be correct at this point in time. The schedule will be finalized as the season approaches.
If you are in charge of a team and information is incorrect (name, shirt colours, sponsors, contacts, etc), please send an email with the required information to GKSSA Statistician Alex Fletcher.
Upcoming referee courses
There are four entry level referee courses coming soon in the SOSA district. If you are interested in becoming a referee, here are the details:
- 1514 - Kingston Clippers - Apr 1/2 - Holy Cross SS (Kingston)
- 1469 - Belleville Youth - Apr 22/23 - St. Theresa SS (Belleville)
- 1460 - Kingston United - Apr 22/23 - Queen's West Campus (Kingston)
- 1446 - Quinte West - May 7/8 - Trenton High School (Trenton)
To register, go to: RefCentre and select "SOSA" in the "Select District" dropdown.
2017 Outdoor Registration
Team registration for the outdoor 2017 season will take place March 30th from 6-7pm at the Gardiner's Road Boston Pizza (bar side). At this time, a deposit cheque of $500 will be due. Failure to meet the March 30th deadline may jeopardize your spot in the league.
This registration meeting will determine a team’s placement and what availability we might have to accommodate new teams.
The Spring meeting will take place during the week of April 24th. An exact date and time will be announced shortly. At the spring meeting the remainder of the team fees will be due. The exact amount will be no less than last years fees.